To date, in response to COVID-19, Rehoboth has:
- Cancelled all weeks of the Rehoboth Camp Program for 2020
- Cancelled the three Rehoboth Annual Golf Tournaments we host in Calgary (May 25), Lethbridge (May 30), and Edmonton (June 6).
- Closed the Vocational/Day Programs at all Rehoboth facilities
- Beginning July, Vocational Programs began to welcome back a limited number of clients served only within the day program on a rotation
- Cancelled the three-day Self-Advocacy Client Workshop that Rehoboth was hosting, scheduled for March 17-19 at Rehoboth Camp in central Alberta
- Cancelled the Spring Gala community fundraiser in Three Hills
- Cancelled the Show and Shine in Stony Plain
- Cancelled Rehoboth’s first multi-regional Walkathon
- Restricted Residential Program client visits into the community in all five regions where Rehoboth operates
- Created Rehoboth’s own policy and procedures for visitors, within the guidelines set by the Alberta Government and in consultation with clients and families.
- Increased cleaning regimes in all Rehoboth program and admin areas
- Restricted region-to-region employee business travel to essential trips only with no overnight stays
- Requirement for employees returning from international travel to self-isolate for 14 days
- Reviewed and updated our Pandemic and Business Continuity Plans
- Implemented a new Communicable Illness policy
- Provided employees with timely, relevant COVID-19 pandemic information and Rehoboth messaging through a one-window portal (EWA online Employee Centre)
- Established a new, moderated (by invitation) Facebook page to share information with families and guardians
- Contacting all frontline employees to determine the impact of school closures on their availability to cover shifts
- Supporting administrative and supervisory employees to work from home or to work in scheduled, restricted shifts from our facilities
- Events, fundraisers, volunteer appreciation and any gatherings up to the end of August 2020 have been postponed or cancelled
- Implemented enhanced cleaning procedures, provided PPE supplies and physical distancing guidelines within Rehoboth’s Garden Centre in Coaldale and New To You thrift store in Three Hills.
For questions regarding Rehoboth and COVID-19, please email us.
- Call 811 for health concerns
- Check symptoms and schedule a COVID-19 test through the AHS portal
- Albertans can call toll-free from anywhere in the province by dialing 310-4455 for general information about the Government of Alberta and its response to COVID-19, or for help contacting individual program areas.
**This is general info, NOT for health concerns. For health concerns, you need to to call 811**
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause respiratory illness in people, ranging from mild common colds to severe illnesses.
Novel coronaviruses, like COVID-19, are new strains of the virus that have not been previously identified in humans. This means people have no immunity against it, and it has no specific vaccine or treatment.