An Appeal from Rehoboth Christian Ministries Association
Rehoboth employees continue to effectively support our clients with developmental and physical disabilities through this difficult COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to protect them, as always, Rehoboth provides Personal Protective Equipment and effective cleaners and disinfectants.
However, our inventory across the province of these products is decreasing and efforts to replenish stocks is challenging as societal demand is exceeding supply.
As such, we are reaching out to you with a request for any quantities of Personal Protective Equipment and cleaning supplies that you might consider donating or selling to Rehoboth Christian Ministries Association.
Further, if you have connections with suppliers of these items, perhaps you could reach out to them on our behalf or let us know who we could contact to purchase.
In the coming days and weeks, we anticipate needing new supplies of:
- Face masks
- Face shields
- Nitrile (or any) disposable gloves
- Protective gowns (disposable or washable)
- Disinfecting cleaners
- Hand sanitizer
- No-contact thermometers
Thank you for your consideration, along with your supportive thoughts and prayers. You can reach me at [email protected] or 780-968-8481.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause respiratory illness in people, ranging from mild common colds to severe illnesses.
Novel coronaviruses, like COVID-19, are new strains of the virus that have not been previously identified in humans. This means people have no immunity against it, and it has no specific vaccine or treatment.
The COVID-19 outbreak was declared a global pandemic by World Health Organization (WHO). Alberta declared a Public Health Emergency on March 17.
To date, in response to COVID-19, Rehoboth has:
- Cancelled the three Rehoboth Annual Golf Tournaments we host in Calgary (May 25), Lethbridge (May 30), and Edmonton (June 6).
- Closed the Vocational/Day Programs at all Rehoboth facilities
- Cancelled the three-day Self-Advocacy Client Workshop that Rehoboth was hosting, scheduled for March 17-19 at Rehoboth Camp in central Alberta
- Cancelled the Spring Gala community fundraiser in Three Hills
- Restricted Residential Program client visits into the community in all five regions where Rehoboth operates
- Increased cleaning regimes in all Rehoboth program and admin areas
- Cancelled region-to-region employee business travel to essential travel with no overnight stays
- Requirement for employees returning from international travel to self-isolate for 14 days
- Reviewed and updated our Pandemic and Business Continuity Plans
- Implemented a new Communicable Illness policy
- Provided employees with timely, relevant COVID-19 pandemic information and Rehoboth messaging through a one-window portal (EWA online Employee Centre)
- Established a new, moderated (by invitation) Facebook page to share information with families and guardians
- Contacting all frontline employees to determine the impact of school closures on their availability to cover shifts
- Supporting administrative and supervisory employees to work from home or to work in scheduled, restricted shifts from our facilities
- Events, fundraisers, volunteer appreciation and any gatherings up to the end of April 2020 have been postponed or cancelled
For questions regarding Rehoboth and COVID-19, please email us.
- Call 811 for health concerns
- Albertans can call toll-free from anywhere in the province by dialing 310-4455 for general information about the Government of Alberta and its response to COVID-19, or for help contacting individual program areas.
**This is general info, NOT for health concerns. For health concerns, you need to to call 811**