To act as a resource to relevant program areas to help accomplish Rehoboth’s strategic and business plans through an empowering Christian perspective.
This position reports directly to and under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor. This position works independently with ongoing guidance and supervision. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related services.
- Implements the payroll and benefit production process
- Verifies and maintains accurate data for all employees within a computerized payroll system
- Receives and verifies data used in establishing biweekly pay for all employees.
- Verifies data entry such as payroll numbers, hours, distribution code, and dates. Enters necessary data and corrects according to the type of error and the established procedures. Provides Regions with statistics regarding schedules, exempt / absences and time sheets for accuracy each pay period for continuous improvement purposes
- File & maintain employee information
- Verify & process all steps for new employee hires within a computerized payroll system
- Process & analyze bi-weekly payroll runs
- Verify & process all steps for employee terminations within a computerized payroll system
- Issue ROE’s as required or requested, responding to service Canada regarding queries.
- Interpret & apply organizations policies & procedures as it pertains to payroll
- Responsible for analyzing and implementing 2080 increments and accrual balances
- Interpret & apply the most current Alberta Employment Standards code as it pertains to payroll
- Enroll existing employees with Group Benefits, as applicable
- Verifies & updates data for all employees within a computerized payroll system
- Updates computerized payroll system for calculation of RRSP as applicable
- Establish and maintain open, timely and appropriate communication and relationships with all stakeholders
- Trains and process all aspects of the Scheduling components
- WCB wage loss reports for all applicable employees
- Interpret and apply Rehoboth’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures and Employment Standards as it pertains to employee payroll
- File and maintain all related payroll and benefit documentation in the Centralized Employee File
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading regulations and professional publications
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Canadian Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification
Thorough knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Microsoft Word Level I and Excel Level I
- Significant amount of time sitting and repetitive movements
Years of Experience:
- Greater than two years’ experience in computerized payroll processing multiple payrolls
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, ability to integrate policies and standards into practical application, communication and writing skills
- Dependent on relevant education and/or experience; wage range: $24.00 to $29.49 per hour.
Acheson (Administration) Openings:
#20-001 40 hours per week/ Monday to Friday between 0800-1630 Posting Closes: September 30, 2021