To act as a resource to relevant program areas to help accomplish Rehoboth’s strategic and business plans through an empowering Christian perspective
- Implements the payroll and benefit production process.
- Verifies and maintains accurate data for all employees within a computerized payroll system.
- Receives and verifies timesheets used in establishing biweekly pay for all employees.
- Verifies data entry such as payroll numbers, hours, distribution code, and dates.
- Enters necessary data and corrects according to the type of error and the established procedures.
- Provides Regional Directors statistics regarding timesheet accuracy each pay period for continuous improvement purposes.
- Prepares and verifies batches of documents for data processing.
- Verifies lists of computer transactions and applies appropriate solutions to resolve errors.
- Maintain and issue bi‐weekly payrolls for all employees, resulting in the transmission of electronic Direct Payroll Deposits and issuing of Records of Employment.
- Process manual employee cheques as required.
- Administers all employee status changes, including benefit cost adjustments.
- Responsible for tracking employees eligibility for vacation, RRSP and group insurance plans.
- Completes WCB wage loss reports for all applicable employees.
- Interpret and apply Rehoboth’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures and Employment Standards as it pertains to employee payroll.
- Provide third party information requests as authorized by employees for financial, credit and salary confirmation.
- File and maintain all related payroll and benefit documentation in the Centralized Employee File.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading regulations and professional publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- Equivalent of High School education from a recognized institution (or currently enrolled in High School)
- Proficient command/comprehension of the English language
- Police Information Check that does not disqualify you from employment
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of basic office applications
- Canadian Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification
- Thorough knowledge of Alberta Employment Standard
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Microsoft Word Level I and Excel Level I
Years of Experience:
- Greater than two years’ experience in computerized payroll processing multiple payrolls
Hours of Work:
- Monday through Friday 08:00 – 16:00
- Dependent on relevant education and/or experience; wage range: $24.00 to $29.49 per hour.
Stony Plain (Administration) Openings:
#20-001- 20hours per week/ Monday through Friday (Posting Closes: February 3, 2020)
Complete the application form below, or email [email protected] for more information.
Required Fields *