**Please scroll down for specific postings and/or to apply**
Through a Christian perspective, enable clients to pursue and achieve a better quality of life, empowering them to flourish.
The CDSP is the primary support person to clients(s) and contact person with guardians, parents, professional service providers and community members. They will participate in the development and implementation of the Individual Life Direction Plans following the client’s lead and/or lead of the family. The CDSP is responsible for the supervision, work and home life skill development, and social skill development of the client. This person works primarily within a team setting, however, may also work independently within a program or through community access. This is a front-line position that has responsibility to support and facilitate the development of skills and competencies that will assist clients to pursue and fulfill their goals, objectives and aspirations.
- Equivalent of High School education from a recognized institution (or currently enrolled in High School)
- Proficient command/comprehension of the English language
- Police Information Check that does not disqualify you from employment
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of basic office applications
- Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Medication Administration Training
- Abuse Prevention & Response Protocol
- Client Rights
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Class Four License to drive corporate vehicles or One-million-dollar liability insurance on personal vehicle (when applicable)
- Disability Services Diploma or related human services discipline
- Foundations Certificate
- Open Futures Learning courses
- Vehicle and Class 5 Driver’s License (Exception- Calgary Region)
Years of Experience
- Greater than one year of progressive, relevant experience
Clients with Complex Needs:
Applicant must have:
One year formal education in a related field such as Community Disability Studies, Child and Youth Care, Community Mental Health Certificate, etc. & at least 1 year of experience with complex needs. In the absence of education, two years of experience with complex needs
In the absence of education and two years of experience with complex needs, five years in the community disability sector.
Validated: Community Disability Studies, Child and Youth Care, Community Mental Health Certificate or 5 years complex support needs
Dependent on relevant education and/or experience; wage range: $18.15 to $22.32 per hour; Sleep Rate: $15.00 per hour;
- Currently no openings
- #30-070- 40 wake hours per week / Monday to Friday / 1600-2400 *Female Applicants preferred*
- #30-081- 40 wake hours per week/ Monday to Friday/ 0815-1615 *Class 4 Driver’s License Required*
Complete the application form below, or email [email protected] for more information.
Required Fields *